If you’re into shopping then I would recommend Milan its the global capital of fashion and design. Milan is also ideal if you fancy splurging or going on a romantic getaway as it has many high end shops and restaurants. Here are some things to do in Milan.
Visit the iconic Duomo Di Milano cathedral. Be aware it does get busy and there are big queues outside. There are lot of tourists taking photos outside the cathedral and there is a ridiculous amount of pigeons as well haha.
Galleria vittorio emanuele
This shopping centre is right next to the Cathedral and has a mix of high end shops and restaurants. It is well worth a visit for the beautiful ceilings and patterns.
Navigli District Canals
Great place to go at night full of people in bars and restaurants. The Italians have an apertivo also known as happy hour. This is pre drinner drinking, with the purchase of a drink you get to have some nibbles from a buffet. I think this is an amazing idea and Milan is a great place to have an Aperol spritz and enjoy the view of the canal.
This is one the of best hostels I’ve ever stayed in. I arrived at night around 10pm and was pretty hungry and feeling tired from travelling. The receptionist was super friendly asked me if I was hungry and bought me a bowl of pasta and some wine. I had such a friendly welcome and this hostel has such a great atmosphere.
- Free breakfast and dinner! Breakfast consists of cereals, toast, eggs, juice and tea. Dinner is a buffet style with bread, salad and pasta
- Free welcome drink on arrival
- Bar downstairs
- Good for solo travellers as people are friendly and the dining area is a good place to meet people at dinner or after for drinks
- Guitar and piano for guests to use also had bands and enterainment in evenings
- Free wifi
- 24hr reception
- Open air terrace with hammocks
- Free towels – always useful as a backpacker
- Good location near shops