Theatre UK

Theatre Christmas Gift Guide

December 13, 2016

My favourite thing to do in London is to see a show and there are so many fantastic shows out at the moment. For Christmas this year I want to have experiences and days out rather than items so theatre tickets are an excellent choice. Buying theatre tickets is a great way to treat family and friends and you can always buy yourself a ticket too and join in on the fun. In this guide I will feature all the shows that are on my wishlist this year. Theatre Tickets UK is a great website for finding great shows. The website is easy to use to find the seats and price that you want.

Top of my list is Aladdin I have heard rave reviews about this show. I love anything Disney and have already seen the Lion King show which was spectacular.

aladinn-london-show

Ideal for

Children and families

Tickets avaliable here and start from £25

I recently took my Mum to see An Inspector Calls for her birthday. We both really enjoyed this. Normally we go to see musicals so it made a change to see a play. This play also has a great moral message behind it.

an-inpector-calls-london-theatre-play

Tickets avaliable here and start from £18.75

Ideal for Parents and Grandparents

Mamma Mia

This show is great for any ABBA fans and it has been around for many years at the West End.

abba-the-musical

Ideal for Mums and Sisters

Tickets avaiable here and start at £31

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

This show looks amazing, I absolutely loved the film and book by Roald Dahl so I am expecting great things from this show.

charlie-and-the-chocolate-factory

Ideal for Children and Families

Tickets avaliable here and start from £22

Tips & information

• A great way to save money is to book during the week Mon-Thurs normally works out a lot cheaper than the weekend
  • With Theatre Tickets UK you can see all the seats available with a colour code of the prices
  • On the website it has the dates when the show is running until so you won’t miss out on any shows you really want to see
  • The website also lets you know the show running time which is so useful if you are planning on doing other activities in London

*This is a sponsored post in collaboration with http://www.theatretickets.uk/

• Reply JESS @PT CONTENDER December 13, 2016 at 6:18 pm

Going to plays are so fun! I remember my dad took me and my sister when we were little to see Oliver Twist & it was awesome & I’ll never forget it :)) So sweet that you took your mom to one

• Reply Ogden Fahey December 13, 2016 at 6:57 pm

I went and saw this one with the family a few yrs ago, it was fab! 🙂 http://www.thelowry.com/event/chitty-chitty-bang-bang

• Reply neha98blog December 13, 2016 at 7:37 pm

It really seems amazing there in london

• Reply kernerangelina December 13, 2016 at 8:47 pm

A really cool idea and I wish that I was in London…

• Reply Kritt Normsaskul December 14, 2016 at 12:34 pm

Very handy guide, thanks. I also use TodayTIx to find my tickets 🙂 I hope it helps you too! https://www.todaytix.com/

• Reply Rob and Becky December 17, 2016 at 5:10 am

We love live shows, too. What we have gone to the most, are shows at the Northwest Childrens’ Theatre. They are plays done by children and others. The children study at the NW Children’s Theatre School, and while they offer shows to the public in the evenings, we go to the school performances during the mornings. They are very inexpensive and geared for schools. We have tried to go to the Wizard of Oz twice already, but got snowed out with some very rare snow–TWICE.

Recently, we went to the Singing Christmas Tree in Portland, Oregon. It was a lot of fun. It wasn’t a play, but was very enjoyable.

It sounds like you have lots of great ideas!

• Reply alishaspinkdaisies December 17, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Mamma Mia is one of my favorite shows! I’d love to see it again!

Alisha | http://www.alishaspinkdaisies.com/

• Reply catnipkiss December 20, 2016 at 4:26 pm

I wish I lived in London!

• Reply Nat December 22, 2016 at 3:16 am

You should watch Aladdin! It is a comedy, and be warned the costumes are very sparkly!

nat // dignifiable

• Reply Amanda December 30, 2016 at 5:34 am

Love this! I’ve wanted to see Mamma Mia for ages. It looks so fun!