Amsterdam Bucket List
Amsterdam is the capital of the Netherlands known for its beautiful canals and narrow houses. There is plenty to see and do, below is a list of what I did during my visit.
- Take a photo with the I amsterdam sign
- Walk or cycle around the canals
- Anne Frank Huis – try and book in advance otherwise you’ll be queuing for hours. Check online or try refreshing page around 10am as new tickets become available then, you can buy tickets here.
- Eat patatje oorlog – a mixture of chips, onions, satay sauce and mayonnaise, tastes better than it looks!
- Visit Rijksmuseum – massive art museum with a beautiful library.
- Try Stroopwafel – two thin waffels stuck together with caramal syrup.
- Free walking tour – great way to learn about the history of Amsterdam
- Stroll through Vondelpark – a beautiful park great for reading or having a picnic.
- Walk through streets of Jordaan – full of small boutiques, cafes and vintage shops
I had an amazing time in Amsterdam its so beautiful, below are some things I want to do next time I visit.
- Boat ride along canals
- See the Tulip fields in April about 30 mins from Amsterdam
- House of Bols – cocktail experience, there is also the Heineken experience if you prefer beer