France Travel Weekend Away

Day in Strasbourg France

September 7, 2016

day-in-strasbourg

Strasbourg is a charming picturesque city, it is the capital of the Alsace region in North Eastern France. It sits near the German border blending a mixture of French and German influences. Here are some things to see in Strasbourg.

strasbourg-france-la-petite-france

La Petite France

This area is a must visit as it is ridiculously picturesque with a canal running through historical buildings. This area also looks beautiful lit up at night.

Cathedral Notre Dam de Strasbourg

This impressive 15th century cathedral is located in the centre if town.

Barrage Vauban

This is a bridge you can climb up for free for an amazing view over Strasbourg.

strasbourg-france-barage-vauban

Boat ride

A great way to explore Strasbourg would be to take a boat ride offering impressive views of Strasbourg’s architecture.

Walk or cycle

The best way to see more of Strasbourg is to walk or cycle around the city. Wandering around the cute alleyways finding pretty buildings and shops.

strasbourg-france-bikes

Sweet treats

Enjoy some french pastries and cakes at one of the many bakeries.

strasbourg-france-cakes

Where to go next

I had a wonderful time in Strasbourg before heading to Zurich. I used Flixbus to get there as its pretty cheap costing £9.50 and the bus has free WiFi. It took about 3.5 hours to get there. The bus’s are sometimes late and can get stuck in traffic however they are a much cheaper option than trains. You could also head to Paris or nearby Germany.

♡♡♡

• Reply anywherewithbrooke September 7, 2016 at 1:54 pm

I lived in France all summer and never got to go to Strasbourg. But that just means that I have to go back and now I can have help from your wonderful post!!!

• Reply weird weekends September 8, 2016 at 11:25 pm

This is my wife’s home town… I lived in France several years and had never visited this beautiful city (that is until I met her… went there during Christmas… Beautiful Christmas markets… It is a fantastic place… Thanks for sharing the photos!!

• Reply yellowwolf80 September 9, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Wow it looks awesome!

• Reply restlessjo September 13, 2016 at 6:53 pm

It looks such a pretty place 🙂

• Reply mooremisadventures September 15, 2016 at 3:08 am

Holy perfection! Great post, the pictures are amazing!

• Reply lothloripen September 19, 2016 at 11:36 am

Such beautiful photos! 🙂

• Reply Daniela Soriano September 26, 2016 at 7:38 pm

This place looks so magical!

• Reply Diana September 29, 2016 at 2:54 pm

omg this has to be the cutest town ever!! it’s how i picture germany!! hahaha i guess it’s close.
    cheers
    Diana

• Reply rogermoorepoet September 29, 2016 at 3:41 pm

The photos are terrific. I love the flowers on the balconies and the woodwork in the house frames too. Great river scenes. When I see posts like this, it makes me realize, even though I love Canada, just how much I miss Europe …

• Reply cindy knoke September 30, 2016 at 2:41 am

Gorgeous photos and place! We are planning to be there in April~

• Reply janined99 October 3, 2016 at 3:46 pm

I like your photos and I think it is kind of really exciting to follow your travelling! Strasbourg is on my list too and I hope going there in december!

• Reply enjoytheadventures October 3, 2016 at 10:22 pm

I’m glad you enjoy reading about my travels! Yeah you should go in December their Christmas market looks really pretty 🙂

• Reply janined99 October 4, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Yes I heard about that too:) but if I go right after christmas, do you think the market will still be there?

• Reply enjoytheadventures October 8, 2016 at 4:05 pm

I’m not sure on some websites it says open until the 31st but on others it says 24th December. It would still be worth a trip though 🙂

• Reply Don Royster October 9, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Beautiful city. Wondering why you would ever leave.

• Reply D. Wallace Peach October 13, 2016 at 12:33 am

Wow. So pretty. On my list for places to visit 🙂

• Reply MilaShy October 17, 2016 at 12:08 am

Strasbourg has been one of the topmost in my bucket list… After reading your post and superb pics… I’m yearning all the more to visit this magical city…. Tq for sharing Strasbourg

• Reply Explore With Ed October 17, 2016 at 11:09 pm

Strasbourg looks so idyllic! I’ve wanted to visit here at Christmastime for quite a while.
    Lovely pictures :).

• Reply Nyse October 18, 2016 at 7:52 am

Wow this sounds like both the perfect adventure alone, with family or romantically, wow this was stunning. I know your post is related with travelling but I decided to go ahead and nominate you for the 3 Days 3 Quotes Challenges, at https://heyitsnyse.wordpress.com/2016/10/18/if-marriages-were-based-on-appearancethere-would-never-be-a-divorce-in-hollywood/.
    In the meantime, I will check out your blog more, it’s simply wonderful. Happy blogging!

• Reply Annabelle October 23, 2016 at 5:50 pm

Adore this post, great photos!

x Annabelle
    travelsandtea.com

• Reply Daria October 24, 2016 at 3:14 pm

The pictures are so beautiful!!!!!

XO

Daria

• Reply Jaspreet Singh December 20, 2016 at 4:24 am

These pics are just wonderful but I especially love the one with bikes!