One of my favourite things to do in December is to visit Christmas markets! Baths famous Christmas market is a wonderful place to go for a festive break. You can soak up the aroma of mulled wine, sizzling sausages and mince pies as you admire the beautiful Georgian architecture. There are plenty of stalls filled with handmade gifts around the Abbey and Roman baths.
Bath Abbey Tour
I decided to do the festive tower tour it costs £6 and you get a mulled wine or hot choc. You walk to the top of the abbey up a very steep narrow staircase but it’s worth it for the view at the top. Once you reach the top you can enjoy the beautiful view over the Christmas market whilst sipping on mulled wine. This tour runs throughout the year (without the mulled wine) and would also be nice to visit in Summer.
Bath has a lot of great shops along South Gate.
- The Christmas market is a 5 min walk from the station
- There are plenty of things to do in Bath such as museums and art galleries
- Everything in Bath is within walking distance
- The market has over 170 stalls
- Market is open from 24th Nov-11th Dec
- Carol singers and musicians fill the streets around the market with music